In slack we just had the discussion about a new extension: a developer-extension.
The idea is to provide functions in this extension, that are only needed during the development of your application and you don’t need on your production servers.
Some of the functions, that already came into our mind are:
- remove deprecated fields
- show/remove all orphaned versions of a specific object type
- database maintenance functions
- move all scaffolding functions from core to the extension
- show latest community news on a dashboard
- several debugging options for developers
This would be helpful during development and will just be disabled on production servers.
What else should be in a dev-extensions? We’re open for ideas.