Preside admin app

Hello!

I would like to ask if there is any Peside admin app available (perhaps a version of eventfolio might help) in order to study better the following interesting tutorial

Regards

There isn’t open source, no. However, you can get an empty admin application pretty quickly with:

box preside new site

And pick the Admin application skeleton (and follow any subsequent wizard options)

If you intend to release an open source solution, definitely it would help a lot of users to undrestand the know-how of preside admin.

Thanks a lot!

It’s not that difficult. The admin thing is nothing else as now, without the CMS part for the frontend. And it’s basically what you already do now: objects with CRUD functionality, some views for special output.

So, what do you expect from a demo project? There’s nothing black magic in there.

Is there something you want to know in special?

I understand your point! But since there is no cfcasts series regarding preside platform and besides preside documentation has got a lot of missing parts, definitely a complete or otherwise call it (open source version) definitely would help a lot towards that direction.
I know that there are copyright restrictions but at this moment according to me it’s the only and possible way to get your hands dirty and learn new and interesting stuff.

Regards

I agree. Some easy to follow examples would be nice and yes, the documentation is sometimes a bit of a pain (learned about preSelectObjectData-interceptor last monday, not described in the docu, but very helpful).

I’ll have a look in my extension, I think I have something that can be used as example app.

Well clearly we cannot make closed source commercial code available to help you with a product that is entirely free. It is what it is. We believe that with enough willpower and a problem to solve, you should be able to get your hands dirty using the already thorough documentation on the datamanager for the admin.

Use the scaffold - have a data based admin idea you want to implement and work your way through everything in here: Preside Documentation :: Data Manager

There is a lot in there to get you started and covers everything in the talk you linked to.

I totally agree with your thoughts (scaffold, Preside Documentation etc) and sure will try, but reading the following lines Zero transaction fees | eventfolio | The multi-event management & personalisation platform that say

We offer free licenses for charitable causes and select web technology / open source conferences, get in touch to discuss

I think that providing a free license to preside community (not to me) would definitely be a great gift and cfcasts.com would be nothing compared to it.

Regards

Eventfolio is a commercial product. It doesn’t really compare with cfcasts in what it offers and is geared towards a private market.

cfcamp for example uses it with a free license for the open source conference. The source code will remain private and any licensing to use the product is on a case by case basis (i.e. get in touch if you have a particular requirement for an open source project or some such).

In other words, Eventfolio is not the droid you are looking for I think.

Would be super interesting to figure out a community driven admin-based open source application though. Would defo be up for helping out and contributing if folks have ideas.

1 Like